- Senior marketing specialist with a background in content development, graphic design, digital marketing and website optimization.
- Strong technical skills in Graphic Design, e-Publishing, Web Design for Business and Online Marketing using social media (Adobe CC, WordPress Development, Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
- Proven track record of producing quality sales support, customer driven products, social media maintenance and event marketing coordination in a fast-paced environment.
- Background in training and education with proven verbal and written communication skills.
Canusa Automotive Warehousing Inc. [June 2007 – November 2018]
Marketing Specialist, Graphic Design
Marketing responsibilities and sales support for 50 Auto Parts stores across Southern Ontario including graphic design, website maintenance, email marketing campaigns and event marketing coordination.
- Designed monthly marketing publications, sales tools, brochures and digital marketing content
Over the last 5 years the reach of printed publications tripled from 2000 to 6000 units/month
- Managed and prioritized multiple projects under tight timelines
- Designed and maintained 3 corporate websites (WordPress CMS/HTML/CSS)
- Tracked and monitored sales of promotional items, event participation, web analytics and customer satisfaction of marketing activities to evaluate their success and determine ways to improve future activity
- Coordinated marketing events for up to 300 customers including planning, promotion and event day coordination and management
- Managed and analyzed the results of monthly Email Marketing campaigns (Constant Contact) Achieved an open rate of over 47% and a read/click rate of over 30% (Industry average open rate 14%-21%)
- Developed content and provided technical support of a customer retention management program for over 70 corporate Sales Representatives and Store Managers
- Coordinated with external suppliers and internal departments to acquire information on new products, new technologies and supply levels to produce relevant materials
Digital Solutions Services (formerly MMI) [October 2002 – March 2004]
Director – New Media/Video Production
Responsible for the daily operations of a department of 3 staff members and a pool of contract videographers including project planning, time evaluation, quoting, customer satisfaction and quality assurance
- Purchase and implement hardware and software for entire department adhering to budgets and staff requirements
- Design – packaging, brochures, event programs/tickets, logos, corporate identity
- Editing of corporate, instructional and documentary videos
- Video Post-Production including titles, special effects, editing, real media streaming
Multi-Media Images (MMI) [June 2001 – October 2002]
Senior Graphic Designer – New Media and Digital Video Production
- Produced print-Ad design for magazine and newspaper, packaging, POP brochures and order forms.
- Post-production editing of corporate, instructional and documentary videos
- Created special effects, title sequences (Velocity Editing Software) and 3D Modeling and animation (Lightwave 3D
PBSC Computer Training [December 1995 – November 2000]
Multimedia Development Specialist
Responsible for graphic design and content development for computer-based training courseware and quality assurance of software functionality and user experience.
- Designed graphic interface for interactive learning software
- Provided a point of contact for communications between departments
- Designed packaging and print materials for promotion and branding of training products
- Developed online training products using flow chart based interactive media design
- Software testing for quality assurance
- Internal Tech support for a staff of approximately 25 people
- Development of the multimedia process from cradle to grave
Independent Contractor [April 2006 – May 2007]
Contract marketing and graphic design work assignments including monthly newsletter layout
and design; logo design; web design; development of sales material; corporate branding; and
marketing planning and event coordination.
Teaching & Training Background
Fanshawe College [January 2010 – Current]
Professor (Part-time) – Lawrence Kinlin School of Business Marketing Department
- Deliver Face to Face, Online and Blended lessons to a wide range of learners and personalities including persons with disabilities, mature students, recent high school grads and international students
- Teach courses in E-Publishing, Graphic Design, Web Design for Business, Business Practices, Strategic Business for IT, Fundamentals of Marketing, Digital Marketing Optimization
St. James School Division Continuing Education [January 2000 – May 2001]
- Prepared lesson plans and taught both fundamentals and advanced Photoshop class to adults
University of Illinois [July 2014 – November 2017]
Master Online Teacher Certificate Program
Fanshawe College [January 2005 –April 2007]
Business Administration Marketing (3-year Advanced Diploma)
Peer Tutor – Math, Statistics, Graphic Design and Desktop Publishing
Intern to the Program Coordinator
Dean’s Honour Roll
Applied Multimedia Training Centres [September 1994 – June 1995]
Digital Design and Communication Diploma
- 10+ years volunteering as an Ontario Premier Football League (OPFL) Football coach earning the 2018 Bantam Coach of the Year award.
292 Southcrest Drive, London, ON N6J 1N4